Pages

One place understood helps us understand all places better.

Eudora Welty

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I came upon

I came upon
a rivulet
that came upon
a meadow brook
that came upon
a streamlet
that flowed
into a freshet.

That came upon
a hidden creek
that came upon
a lonesome stream
that came upon
a meandering dream
that bid farewell
to me.

I came upon
a beach in summer
that came upon
the pounding waves
that came upon
a deep current
that carried me
out to sea.

That came upon
a world round
that came upon
sacred ground
that came upon
a bay just so
that caused my
life to flow.

I came upon
a sunny day
that came upon
a lonely shore
that came upon
my feet bare
as I walked
the seaside there.

That came upon
a breeze that
blows upon
a life that knows
to come upon
each bottled memory
is to sail again
an unknown sea.

No comments: